Young Generation Movement
Young Generation Movement was founded on the belief that all young people, regardless of their backgrounds or the challenges they face, have the desire, talents and potential to be participating citizens. We seek to enhance the lives of “at-risk” teenagers through voluntary programs. Our goal is to decrease violence and provide a safe environment for at-risk youth to challenge themselves and their limiting beliefs through mentoring and outdoor experiences. Our programs are developed to motivate and support the youth by instilling confidence and strength and developing new perspectives .We strive to create the opportunities that will encourage children to achieve their full potential.
Our objective is to make a positive difference in the lives of children through mentoring relationships and assisting them to achieve their highest potential as they grow to become confident, caring and competent individuals. With our mentoring and referral programs, we are capable of making a positive difference in multiple domains of youth behavior and development such as: improvements in self-esteem, building better relationships with parents and peers, emphasis on education and improved academic performance, and reductions in substance use, violence, and other risk behaviors.
YG Movement is committed to providing encouragement and support for youth and teens through life changing prevention, intervention and assistance. In accordance with our Mission and Vision, we believe that every child deserves love, respect and a safe, supportive and nurturing environment.
- We strive to create the opportunities that will encourage children to achieve their full potential.
- We strive to connect each child to a sense of family.
- We strive to connect each child to a sense of community.
- We strive to support families when the stresses of life become problems.
- We believe that our volunteers and employees are our strength.
- We strive to improve ourselves and our programs while developing hope and promoting creativity.
- We promote the value of diversity and cultural competency within our staff, clients and community.
- We are an innovative and flexible organization that is responsive to the needs of clients, families and staff.
- We strive to partner with other agencies, organizations and donors to effectively use resources to plan and provide services that meet the needs of the children and families within our community.
- We believe that strategic planning is key to ensuring our financial strength and continuing the success of our organization
- 14 year-olds committed nearly 1,700 crimes against property, more than 1,400 against persons, had more than 400 weapons violations and nearly 450 instances of drugs.
- 15 year-olds committed nearly 2,300 crimes against property, more than 1,500 against persons, had more than 300 weapons charges, 917 for drugs and more than 150 terror threats.
- 16 year-olds committed nearly 2,700 crimes against property, nearly 1,700 against persons, had nearly 1,600 drug charges and more than 300 weapons